Saturday, June 30, 2007



In between clients yesterday I went through the retired list and removed all the retired sets from my collection. Ugh! I knew it was going to be bad and it was. I was avoiding this task as I knew it meant I also had to go through my formerly retired collection and weed out some of those too. My garage sale is going to be HUGE. I came across this stamp set, "At the Races", that I was saving to make cards for my nephews' birthdays. They are way into Nascar and attend races regularly with their parents. What a treat to stumble into this set on this day! It was my nephew Brett's birthday yesterday and his party is today. I hope he enjoys this card as much as I enjoyed making it. I used one of my very favorite wheels, "Making Tracks", which, thankfully, was not retired and long notes. I colored the car image with my aqua painter and re-inkers, added some smaller images punched out with circle punches and.... voila! Well, no use crying over retired stamps when the new catalog is here. I am just crying over which stamps sets to order first!

3 comments:

Jenn D said...

Yay! A new project. I hope Brett had a great birthday and enjoyed the card you made.

Jenn D said...

Since you need more posts, I'm tagging you!

Details are on my blog.

Jenn

Unknown said...

WHAT AN AWESOME BOY CARD!I JUST LOVE IT.